How Does uniatis work?

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MaxArk68
VATSIM ID: 897126
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How Does uniatis work?

Post by MaxArk68 » 26 Jul 2015, 21:22

I reeeeally apologize for for what is likely a very silly question(s).

I rely on uniatis for the automation of the ATIS at the airport I am controlling on VATSIM, but I have no idea what it does or how it does it. As I understand it, everyone uses the generic URL posted on the instructions page of the uniatis website. Does that mean everyone has the same script format returned to them? ie the script is generated from within uniatis' network ans sent to the user's Euroscope ATIS make in that predefined format? The reason I ask, is because the ATIS script that is returned does not match the real world ATIS format. Other than editting the script after each uniatis ATIS update, how can I continue to generate a "proper" format each time?

In the instructions, it states ... "Add the address of ATIS generator and the required parameters to ATIS maker URL". What are the required parameters to be added to the URL and where? Is this where I need to make edits to get things more in line with the local ATIS format?

When I browse through the website, I stumbled on different airports that have "settings" "format" and "custom" information links specific to that airport? What are these used for? How are they used? Are these here for users to access to use, and if so, how?

One unique problem I have, is I work CYWG predominently. I will enter that identifier into Eurocope, with the generic uniatis URL, test it, and the script propulates with "CYWG information ..." But if I switch airports, to say CYQT, follow the same process, the scrip returns without the airport. Rather than "CYQT information...", it's just "Information ...". Is this an issue at my end, or a result of uniatis?

Sorry for all the questions. but I am really intrigued with this service, but would like to know how to better use it for my needs?

Chris Bennett
VATSIM ID: 977457
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How Does uniatis work?

Post by Chris Bennett » 04 Aug 2015, 19:12

MaxArk68 wrote:I reeeeally apologize for for what is likely a very silly question(s).
I rely on uniatis for the automation of the ATIS at the airport I am controlling on VATSIM, but I have no idea what it does or how it does it. As I understand it, everyone uses the generic URL posted on the instructions page of the uniatis website. Does that mean everyone has the same script format returned to them? ie the script is generated from within uniatis' network ans sent to the user's Euroscope ATIS make in that predefined format? The reason I ask, is because the ATIS script that is returned does not match the real world ATIS format. Other than editting the script after each uniatis ATIS update, how can I continue to generate a "proper" format each time?
By becoming a UniATIS Administrator for your area or contacting the ones that cover your area. They can modify the Template and and create custom configurations as well as create a special voice set.
MaxArk68 wrote: In the instructions, it states ... "Add the address of ATIS generator and the required parameters to ATIS maker URL". What are the required parameters to be added to the URL and where? Is this where I need to make edits to get things more in line with the local ATIS format?
The required parameters are based on any custom configuration options created by UniATIS Administrators.
MaxArk68 wrote: When I browse through the website, I stumbled on different airports that have "settings" "format" and "custom" information links specific to that airport? What are these used for? How are they used? Are these here for users to access to use, and if so, how?
Anyone can view the Settings, Format and Custom configuration settings. Only Administrators can edit or create new ones as well as create new Airport configurations.
MaxArk68 wrote: One unique problem I have, is I work CYWG predominently. I will enter that identifier into Eurocope, with the generic uniatis URL, test it, and the script propulates with "CYWG information ..." But if I switch airports, to say CYQT, follow the same process, the scrip returns without the airport. Rather than "CYQT information...", it's just "Information ...". Is this an issue at my end, or a result of uniatis?
Since no dedicated Profiles for CYWG and CYQT have been created UniATIS will check the Generic Profile for Canada it currently includes CYBG,CYEG,CYFC,CYHM,CYHZ,CYOW,CYQB,CYQM,CYQX,CYVR,CYWG,CYXU,CYYC,CYYT,CYUL,CYYZ anything not listed in there will not be parsed.
MaxArk68 wrote: Sorry for all the questions. but I am really intrigued with this service, but would like to know how to better use it for my needs?
Sign up to become an Administrator for UniATIS and make it a better Service by providing Configurations for your Airports :) - If need be we could Skype or Have a chat on TeamSpeak if you need any help with Administering UniATIS once you are an Admin.

Chris Bennett
UniATIS Admin
Germany & USA